Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Daddy's out of town...

Well, last week Dustin had to go out of town for work - he spent the whole week in San Antonio, TX - of course Jack and I missed him VERY much!  I even received a wonderful surprise of some very pretty roses on Friday from him for being the 'best mom' - I LOVED it!  It is wonderful to get flowers from your husband thanking you for being a good mom!!  Well, Dustin is headed out of town again today - boo!  It is sooo very rare that he has to leave town - maybe once a year - but this year it was 2x and they just happened to be within a week of one another.  I know Jack enjoyed having his daddy home again and they spent yesterday evening together while I finished up at work (it was a VERY busy day).  I enjoyed receiving this adorable picture of Jack hanging out in the grass while I was writing my notes!

Doesn't he look so big!!

The NICU picnic is this coming weekend - it should be great to see some old friends from there but we are so very bummed that Jack's favorite nurse is working that day...boo!  We did stop by and see her the other week after Speech therapy...hopefully we'll get to hang out with her again soon!!

We are attempting the wean again this weekend - going for more than one day and hoping for continued improvement - I am waiting to find out how much food he needs to take in a day's time to stay hydrated and then want to work towards the amount that allows him to continue to gain weight - he truely does much better with oral feeds when the tube is NOT in place - it causes just enough irritation in his throat to make him not want to eat.  Go figure - probably like when we have a sore throat and don't want to eat anything that day...makes sense, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment