Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Not a $1,000,000.00 Baby...

Well, it's been 10 months since Jack was born, 3 of that spent in the NICU.  We had always wondered what the total amount for those days, months spent in the NICU would total out to be...just curious if we would hit the million dollar mark.  Well, we received the official bill last week, he did NOT hit the million dollar mark for his time spent in there - only $590,000 - he did a pretty good job of closing in on that mark and I think with all of our other hospital stays and surgeries we may be close. I might have to add it all up just to know what the first year ended up being...no particular reason as to why I want to know, just curious I guess.  Either way, no matter what the final total ends up being, my Jack is MORE than worth every penny!  The care he received was over and above wonderful and I love the fact we still keep in touch with those amazing nurses!!

As I'm realizing that September is almost here, Jack's 1st birthday is coming up VERY soon and I am starting to work on planning it.  I look at how far we've come, starting off at a tiny 1lb 10o to now a chunky almost 16lbs and over 26in tall, off all meds except reflux ones, no lung problems, and one of the most important things is no tubes now!  It's been a long road but totally worth it!

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy he is doing so well! What a sweet little man! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And those amazing nurses love it to. (At least I better be in that amazing category because I love that freaking kid). PARTY PLANNING!!! Let me know if you want some links to some KILLER party planning sites. They have all kinds of awesome ideas. And I am dying to know Jack's grand total. It is always a little interesting to see what all the crap we do ends up costing. Of course - he IS totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome, he has come so far and is worth every penny. I don't blame you for being curious to see how much everything costs, I would do it too! He is one little dude who deserves a big birthday bash for the first one!

    ReplyDelete