Sunday, November 28, 2010

Goal Date...

In early October we were hit with some very surprising news, Jack is going to be a big brother!  This was surprising because we were not planning on this to happen for a least another year or so.  We are nervous and excited at the same time - nervous because I am now considered high risk because of my problems with Jack and excited because we will have 2 little ones close in age to each other and hopefully be good friends.  So far things are going well, we are going to see the OB every other week until about week 20 and at that point we will have weekly appointments.  I am checking my blood pressure daily and watching my sodium intake.  We had an ultrasound at 7 weeks which set our due date at June 7.  We have heard the little peanut's heartbeat 2 times so far, first time at 9 weeks then at 11 weeks.  I am practically already only able to wear maternity clothes! 

Goal Date:  Well, I have set a goal date of which I would LOVE to reach - May 17...my reasoning for this is simple, that is the 37 week mark which makes this little one considered full term.  Jack was born at 26 weeks due to severe preecclampsia and we are hoping to make it to full-term with this pregnancy.  We are more knowledgeable regarding my previous condition and are taking as many precautions as we can early on - checking blood pressure, watching sodium, limiting strenuous activity (I had to quit my weekend job at the hospital) and elevating my feet when able.  Our goal is to make it into the 3rd trimester and full-term! 

6 comments:

  1. GREAT GOAL!!! Just come visit me as a friend, not as a patient

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! our babies are due a week apart!! I knew you were preggers after that cookie dough comment! OK listen, no seeing you this time in the NICU, you have a great Goal date...I'm praying it sticks that way. Can't wait to hear your journey :) Congrats Albright Family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly and Brooke - I love you both but yes, no NICU this time!! We want to just hang out with you guys and all our new babies this summer!! Besides, Jack loves you both too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! Very exciting and I will keep you in my prayers that you hit your goal. I'm due May 27th... so our Jack will have a little sibling soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Congrats Albright Fam!!! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete