Friday, April 16, 2010

Discouraged...

Well, I thought after 3 weeks of the feeding tube Jack's redness and swelling of the area around his cleft would have improved - no such luck.  After going to the ENT yesterday, it's actually worse!  How does that happen?  I really wish I knew because I could have used some good news yesterday.  So, we are now seeing GI also and a week from Monday they will all discuss - GI, ENT, pulmonology - what the plan will be for Jack.  GI will probably check his belly and hopefully ENT will fix his cleft at that point.  This has been such a long road and we were so hopeful for a simple answer after his past hospitalization and a quick fix to get him back to taking bottles.  Unfortunately no such luck on that one.  Anyways, I'm just rather discouraged and needed to get this off my chest so I can work on staying positive for Jack and not let him see my stress and frustration. 

1 comment:

  1. Poor little Jacker. Did they check if the feeding tube is still placed right? Wonder if it became NG instead then he would still be refluxing and cause inflammation. I assume that it has to be less inflammed for them to fix it?

    ReplyDelete