Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ahh...feeding...

How do you get a kid to eat when he hasn't eaten anything by mouth in about 2 months?  I wish I knew because I've been asking myself that question alot lately!  We are having a difficult time getting Jack to start eating again.  I'm honestly not sure what to do.  We are on a schedule now where he gets 6 hours off his feedings, so he should be hungry and want to eat.  He doesn't.  This is such a trying, stressful time.  I think this is more stressful then waiting for surgery.  He pulled his feeding tube out on Tuesday and we thought he pulled it out again today - so 2 trips to the ER this week...yikes!  Normally when he'd pull something out then it was time to move on to the next level, well it just doesn't work that way this time.  I know he might think he's done with the feeding tube but until he starts eating again, we can't take it out.  So I return to my initial question - how do I get him to eat?

1 comment:

  1. hey hun! I can ask my mom and sister about this. Both of them work in First Steps back home in Indiana. My mom is a developmental therapist, and my sister is a speech therapist. I am sure you are already working with both, but they may have some new ideas or something...I will email you on facebook when they get back to me. Good luck!
    Kaitlin

    ReplyDelete