Wednesday, February 9, 2011

23 week ultrasound...

Yesterday we went in for a 23 week ultrasound.  We had one 6 weeks ago at 17 weeks because of the higher risk for down's syndrome which came up on a blood test I had at 15 weeks.  This one was more to check size due to how small Jack was when he was born.  The doctors wanted to make sure this baby was growing well and not showing any signs of growth restriction.  Well, thankfully so far, so good. 
Baby boy at 23 weeks

Based on all his measurements, he's weighing in at 1lb 5oz as of right now and growing wonderfully.  The risks of down's decreases as he continues to grow with no abnormalities.  Thankfully, this little man isn't showing any of the signs associated with a baby who has down's.  The also wanted to check my blood pressure while I was there, 114/72 - wow!  It's not normally that low for me...guess I was definitely relaxed after such a good report!

As for my body, no swelling yet.  This is a big difference from Jack, I was having major ankle swelling by this time and couldn't wear my wedding rings either.  I haven't taken a belly picture yet, but I think I'm bigger now than what I was at this time with Jack...I'll have to take one this week to compare.  We continue to hope for a long, healthy pregnancy!!

1 comment: