Thursday, February 10, 2011

Scary morning...

So...nothing dull around the Albright household!  I had a little episode this morning of low blood pressure...not fun at all!  I went about my normal morning routine and felt fine except for when I checked my blood pressure.  I had 3 strange readings, can't remember the first one, 103/83 second one, 90/81 third one - the other strange thing was my heart rate was really high - over 100.  I thought it was reading wrong so Dustin suggested having me take out the batteries, right as I finished, I started feeling strange - like I was going to pass out.  Dustin helped me down to the floor and I felt clammy and miserable, had some twitching at my wrist.  The feeling passed and I started to feel more normal, my blood pressure returned to a normal reading but I still called the doctor - he felt it was an episode of hypoglycemia, my blood sugar got too low.  He wanted me to take it easy this morning and if I still had unstable blood pressure, he'd see me in his office but if it stabilized then likely I would be able to go to work this afternoon.  Thankfully, so far it has stabilized and I am feeling fine.  I plan on going in to see my afternoon patients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment